Personalised Kids’ Stuff Limited
We aim to show you products, promotions and personalised services we think you’ll be interested in them based, on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
This website is operated by Personalised Kids’ Stuff Limited.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The person responsible for data protection compliance is the Managing Director
Information we may collect from you
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products via our website, post material to our website and compete customer surveys via our website. The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.Personalised Kids’ Stuff.co.uk. (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering an interest in PKS and becoming a customer.
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- When you contact PKS we may keep a record of that correspondence.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Bank account and payment details.
- Details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media.
- Information about the services we provide to you.
- Your account details, such as username, login details.
We use this data to make decisions to improve our products and services and send you promotional offers based on what we think you will like or have bought. We a have a legitimate interest to maintain our relationship with you, and protect your data. We will use this personal information to:
- Create and manage your account with us.
- Verify your identity.
- Provide goods and services to you.
- Customise our website and its content to your particular preferences.
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
- Improve our services.
- This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Storing your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission and storage of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically; sending such information is entirely at your own risk. If we do become aware of any breach of our security that may have compromised your personal data, we will use best efforts to notify you without delay.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide a valuable service to you. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can’t identify you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To keep customers of Personalised Kids’ Stuff Ltd informed of the company’s activities.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective and accessible manner for you and your compute.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- For administering our website by disclosing your personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions (such as mailing and IT service providers). Our outsourced providers are not permitted to use or disclose your personal information except for their services to us or as required or authorised by or under law.
- To create and publish relevant content for example
- To showcase your success in a newsletter, with your permission.
- To create a case study on the website.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, then you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before entering any personal data on our website.
Disclosure of your information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Let us have enough information to identify you.
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates.
Third party links
Access to information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold and process for you. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection legislation, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/.